Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ready For Spring

Hello! Winter is getting long and cold here in Minneapolis! The past two weekends have had air temperatures of negative digits well into the teens and negative wind chills nearing -40! It is crazy! It definitely makes training a little more difficult when you don't want to go outside or your car won't even start. But we do what we can here in Minnesota when the weather get ridiculous.

All that aside, I am ready to take a trip to Florida and see some sunshine and maybe get a tan. I definitely need to get away from the cold and throw discus a little outside. It gets a little monotonous throwing into a net daily and being inside all the time, but spring is around the corner. March usually brings a nice thaw here.

My volunteer position at the Boys and Girls Club is still a good time. I am looking forward to being outside with the kids and doing some track and field stuff with them that I am unable to do in a gym full of kids. I can tell the kids are getting anxious to be able to play outside as well. I am still hoping to get the boys group started at the club. Myself and a fellow employee of the club are trying to get it started. It will take some organization of all the boys at the club and some planning, but it will be a good time for the kids and myself.

No comments: