Friday, April 25, 2008

Still Waiting

I'm writing this post today as I sit inside my apartment waiting for a break in the rain on this cold (42 degrees), wet, end of April day. This weather is getting ridiculous. The forecast is calling for rain mixed with snow this weekend! We had mid 70 weather earlier this week, but it appears those days are gone, at least for the next week.

All that aside things are alright. I got a solid week of throwing in outside, at a little bit of a disadvantage to most of my competitors in the south and west who get to throw outside throughout the year. I feel ready to compete though. This has been the latest I've ever gone without competing, and it is difficult to stay patient. I actually had a competition/practice on Wednesday at Hamline University here in Minneapolis. I originally was not going to compete but as I went out to practice that day I thought it would have been silly to pass up the opportunity to throw in good weather. I had planned on throwing at the Drake Relays this weekend but I entered myself to late and apparently the meet was based on first come first serve. So, I used the meet on Wednesday to make up for a missed opportunity. I have one more meet next week in Iowa before heading west to compete and chase some marks.

No comments: