Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just Another Day

I don't have much exciting to write about in my blog this week. But, that is not to say I'm not excited about things. Training has going going very well these past few weeks. I feel I'm starting to make progress towards throwing farther in the discus. I hate to talk about doing well though because I guess I'm a little superstitious about jinxing myself when I talk about myself. So, I'll keep the self talk to a minimum. Throwing the discus has been going particularly well lately. I'm very excited for the season to start up soon and put myself to the test. I'm hoping all the hours and sweat will pay off this year. My first meet will be at the Mt. Sac Relays in Walnut, CA. I have never thrown there, but I've been hearing mixed reviews from people who have competed there. Apparently the discus ring is three feet below the surface of the surrounding grass. Many people will avoid throwing there at all costs. It sounds like it is more of a mental annoyance than anything. I'll find out on April 18th though, and so will you!

This past weekend a majority of the athletes at the training center gathered for a BBQ at Mission Beach in San Diego. There was a small group of foreign athletes who are training here as well that joined us. I can only count on one hand how many times I've been to the beach since I moved out here back in October. I guess I've just been too busy or too tired to go and play at the beach. So, it was a real treat to be able to go this weekend and grill some hot links and chicken on the grill! It may be one of the few times I get to go again for awhile.

No comments: