Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

Happy 4th of July to everyone! Today is a big day for the United States of America. Without a doubt the biggest celebration of our country's history. Today marks our Declaration of Independence from Great Britain back in 1776. I did the math on those numbers (with a calculator of course) and we are officially 234 years old today as a United Nation! I can definitely say I am a proud American and grateful to live in the best country in the entire world! We all owe our freedom and great lives we live everyday to the men and women who have served, are serving and will serve this great nation.

This has been one of the biggest celebrations ever since I can remember, and one of my favorite. Getting together with family on hot summer 4th of July's and going to watch fireworks together. This year I am happy to be able to be home with my family and enjoy the day with them. I am especially looking forward to my hometown fireworks show tonight. It's not the biggest display in the nation but it's still pretty special to me. This year Rochester, MN will be sending 1 ton of fireworks into the sky. Being the country bumpkin I am this seems like a lot of fireworks and I can't wait to be there. The show is usually 45 minutes long and by the end I get my fill of loud and bright explosions. I'm just hoping the rain holds of tonight, the only possible damper on celebrations that consist of fire.

So, get the gas/charcoal grills out and put some chicken, steaks and brats on it. Sit back with a cold beverage and light some sparklers. It doesn't get much more American than that, and today is the day to celebrate being a United States citizen. Hopefully everyone enjoys their 4th of July celebration and stays safe! God Bless the USA!!!

No comments: