Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer Days

Summer is coming to an end again, crazy. This year is going by incredibly fast. It’s weird how the older you get, the faster time goes. Even though summer is coming to an end, there is still a lot to do before the leaves fall and the cold Canadian air comes blowing in. I still have to go to The Great Minnesota Get Together (the Minnesota State Fair.) It is said to the largest state fair in the country in terms of daily attendance. It’s definitely big and worth checking out, plus it’s only a mile from my apartment. Hopefully next weekend I'll get to check it out.

Also, since it’s wedding season, people are jamming weddings in all over the place. My good friend and room mate from college, Adam Schnaible, is getting married in a few weeks. I have best man duties for this wedding, so I am in the midst of planning a bachelor party. I've never done this before, but I'm looking forward to making it a good one for him.

I have also been busy helping set up a brand new athletic training facility in one of the nearby suburbs. It’s pretty exciting and is going to be top notch once it’s completed. I’ll have more about that later.

I haven’t had any time to get to a local YMCA or Boys and Girls Club to pursue a volunteering position. Between training, family reunions, building weight rooms, and wedding stuff I haven’t had too many free minutes to do anything else.

Speaking of training, I get asked a lot if I’m still training. Since I took the year of from competitions I guess I kind of fell off the radar. This could be a good thing...maybe? My training has been going well though. I am missing competing though. I have been keeping track of my former training partners from the training center in Chula Vista, Ca. A few of them are in Europe right now competing and closing out their seasons. It makes me wish I was there.

Whelp, that's all for now.

No comments: