Sunday, May 10, 2009

FRUSTRATED

Tonight I am blogging late with good reason. I just flew into San Jose, CA and drove to Salinas, CA which is about an hour away from San Jose. There is a meet here in Salinas on Tuesday. This weekend and past week have been jam packed with meets. My training partner Adam Kuehl and myself just competed in Eugene, OR last night at the Eugene Twilight meet. We used it as a warm up meet for the US Championships which are going to be held in Eugene at the end of June. It was an alright meet for myself. I have been a little disappointed lately with my performances in my meets. I have expected a lot out of myself since my season opener where I opened up with an all time personal best throw. So far I haven't come very close to that mark. It is frustrating for me, and I am trying to figure out what my deal is! I have been having some "technical difficulties" with my technique. Ever since my season opener I feel I have been trying too hard to throw far instead of letting things just happen. I am hoping that I figure out my issues soon with the Championships right around the corner. Tuesday is another day and opportunity for me. Maybe I just need to blog more regularly to throw farther?

1 comment:

Amory Rowe said...

Patience. It will come, I'm sure. And likely when you least expect it. Just think of all that superlatively good work you did this winter. It'll pay off. Keep the faith.