Monday, May 25, 2009

This past weekend was quite the experience for me. I traveled to Tucson, AZ to compete in the Tucson Elite meet. This meet was a strictly throwers meet for men and women. Discus, shot put, javelin and hammer were all held at the meet. It was a great event and was held in the evening to avoid the heat of the day. Personally I did alright at the meet. I took 3rd in the meet with a throw of 59.71m. Not my best throw ever but good for the conditions of the meet. 1st through 3rd were separated by 30 cm. It was fun though throwing in the meet, music was played to help add to the atmosphere; we don't usually get to have good music at our meets.

After the meet I got a late night dinner at In n Out, which I normally love, but probably not so much after this weekend. Around 1:30 in the morning I came down with a nasty case of food poisoning. It was my first time experiencing any sickness of that kind, it was brutal. I was awake the entire night, and caught a few hours of on again off again sleep around 8 in the morning before getting ready to fly back to San Diego. That was a miserable feeling and experience. I am still recovering today from the sickness. Not fun...

Hopefully I make a full recovery quickly and don't lose too much weight and get back into training full swing. I'm about 4 weeks out from US Nationals at the end of June. I still have a lot to work on in that time.

No comments: