Sunday, November 22, 2009

Today was another great day for Minnesota Viking football! Living out here in California keeps me from watching the Vikings play on TV so I have to resort to sitting in front of my computer and watching a streaming video of the games being played. It isn't ideal, but it does the trick. So, anyways, my beloved horned, purple people eaters are 9-1 after handily defeating the Seattle Seahawks 35-9. Now I know that the Seahawks aren't a very imposing opponent, especially for the Vikes, but it was good to see Minnesota play a clean game and run the score up a little. I'm certain the score would have been greater if the Golden Boy Brett Favre played the entire game, but he did not after being pulled at the end of the 3rd quarter to keep him healthy. For the most part the defense played tough through the end of the game, slipping up a little and allowing Seattle to score. Here is the highlight reel from the game earlier today. http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Full-Highlights-Vikings-35-Seahawks-9/c1a00f6d-3682-45f6-956c-6651fece98aa

Sitting here writing this blog I am officially 2 days away from enjoying some time back home. I hadn't planned on it, but I will be flying home for Thanksgiving...thanks to a surprise sale on flights. Fares were cut in two from the original price to fly from San Diego to Minneapolis. Best thing about the flights is that they are direct. I was ready to stay here and train, but unfortunately I strained my oblique muscle throwing. I have been doing everything in my power to heal it quickly, but it's one of those deals where time is the best cure. I am hoping to be out from throwing no more than two weeks. Funny thing is I am able to lift without aggravating the injury but any violent twisting movement like throwing a discus I am unable to do without pain. I'm lucky it isn't more serious than it was. Many throwers have abdominal issues, even pulling ab muscles off the ribs. I have been fortunate enough not too have had any issues until now, but my ribs are a little tender. I tried to be smart about stopping before I hurt myself any further.

I don't feel so bad about heading back home for about a week, otherwise I would just be hanging out by myself during Thanksgiving. Some good home cooking and rest should heal me up and get me ready to continue with the great progress I have been experiencing this past month of training.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was so awesome to have you home for Thanksgiving!!
Love -Sis