Sunday, January 17, 2010

Another Vikings Blog

Well, the football season is almost over. Thankfully my beloved Vikings are still going strong and live to play another game today after facing "America's Team," the Dallas Cowboys. This game was destined to be great...some predicted that the Cowboys would win but those were only predictions. The game really was built up to be a close one, but with the Vikes winning 34-3 it was far from that.

I was barely able to contain myself before the game started at 10 a.m. Pacific Time. I woke up this morning feeling like I was about to play in the game myself. I can't imagine how the real players felt. All week long I was anxiously anticipating the arrival of the Sunday morning football game. I had my brand new Vikings shirt (given to me by my girlfriend Mia) all laid out the night before to put on first thing when I woke up. I couldn't wait to put that shirt on, last time I was that excited to wear a shirt was back on the first day of school in the 5th grade. I proudly wore my shirt all morning and well into the evening. I was that guy today.

The game started out pretty tight, I thought for a moment that the Cowboys might be able to pull away with the game, but the Vikes got stronger as the game progressed. The Cowboys started making mistakes, and as they say about football, the team with the least amount of mistakes wins the game. All aspects of the Vikings arsenal was in full combat mode, and that is what it is going to take next weekend against the Saints for any hopes of getting to the Super Bowl.

On a side note, here in southern California the month of January is the rainy month, and this week according to the weather forecast each day calls for rain. It will feel just like home...in April.

No comments: