Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Week of Change

My Vikings are not playing in the Super Bowl...just wanted to get that out of the way first. What a shocking end to a stellar season for the Minnesota Vikings. I don't think any Minnesota fans expected not to make it to the Super Bowl, but I know none of us got our hopes up too much, well maybe we did, but for the most part Minnesota fans as a whole know how not to get too excited just to stay protected from not being let down. We all were let down...not by the team, but just the fact that we weren't going on to the Super Bowl! It was an amazing season...the best season I've ever seen...proud to be a Viking here, and can't wait for next season! Skol Vikings!

On a more personal note, I will be relocating my daily life and training to Colorado Springs, Co next weekend. It is a sudden move, but a much needed move. I'm excited about my new opportunities in Colorado, and such a beautiful place to be. The only downside of living in the Springs is the lack of oxygen in the air. I can't hardly run up a flight of stairs without sucking wind.

I have spent the past week and a half here in Colorado Springs scoping out the situation and finding an apartment to live in. I also came here to get in a week of training, but it turned out I wasn't able to do much training when I got sick. I thought it was altitude sickness at first, just adjusting to the different air pressure, but I kept getting sicker and finally after almost a week of not feeling better and having a temperature of 101 for 4 days I took myself to see a doctor. Turns out I have bronchitis. I've never had it in my life and I didn't realize it made you that sick. No fun at all. Now I have to make a little come back and regain my strength, and put on some body weight.

No comments: