Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gold Medals

The 21st Winter Olympics are over after seventeen days, or something like that. It was pretty fun to watch, and there were a lot of new faces. For some reason I feel like faces were easier to recognize or I at least knew who the athletes were. Although now I can say I know a few of the Olympians on a personal level. It was definitely more exciting to watch someone I know compete and win medals for the USA.

Today I watched the gold medal hockey game. Wow, was that a close one! It was unbelievable how the US tied up the game in the final seconds of regular play, but crushing to lose in overtime to the Syrup Suckers. As usual there were some pretty amazing moments throughout the whole two and a half weeks of non stop Olympics.

This week I am hoping to start working at the YMCA. I got all my paper work and fingerprints done last week. It is quite the process applying to volunteer at the YMCA. Obviously that is a good thing.

No comments: